9.26.2012

Fingerless Mitts & Fall Knitting

I've been knitting a lot (surprise!) this fall. This is the time of year that I panic a little and start making/collecting warm layers for the impending winter.  To that effect I've begun a few projects for myself, and finished a couple of patterns for fingerless mitts. 

Fingerless Mitts
While traveling in Oregon this summer I picked up some Malabrigo Finito at Close Knit in Portland. I loved the yarn, and decided to experiment with some fingerless mitts.  The result - Nettle Mitts!
Made from one skein of Malabrigo Finito (200 yards/50 grams), using 2.5mm dpns.



And I finally wrote-up a pattern that I developed a few years ago at the request of a certain knitting friend... Harriet Mitts - made with worsted weight yarn and size US 8 dpns, featuring braided cables.  I knit-up this pair using Cascade Greenland, a lovely dense, superwash worsted weight wool.


Thanks to Suzette & Rowan for their hand-modeling skills, and patience!

I recently made a pair of tante ehm's Camp Out Fingerless Mitts out of Kama (new from NORO) for INUA.  I love the colors and the clever construction!



Other Knitting
I'm currently working on a smoke ring for myself from some qiviuq that I had stashed away.  The pattern is Silk Smoke Ring from Heart Strings - I've made at least 6 smoke rings using this pattern.  I love it, and recommend it constantly to customers! It's pretty easy to follow (charted & written instructions), and makes a reversible lace cowl!



And finally I've been slowly working away on Brooklyn Tweed's Stasis Pullover. I'm using Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift in Charcoal and Pebble.  This is the first sweater I've made using Spindrift, and I'm excited to see how it goes.  So far so good - I've finished both sleeves and am currently knitting the body. Soon I'll get to join the pieces and knit the fun yoke section!


Ok - back to knitting!

-Liz





1 comment:

  1. wow! you've been busy. That smoke ring is REALLY pretty!...and so is the Stasis Pullover....and the mitts. just lovely, the lot of it.

    ReplyDelete